Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Good Friday in Enna!

I like how this book I'm reading sums up a view on Christianity that I share...

"And while I do reserve to right to ask myself in certain trying situations what indeed He would do, I can't swallow that one fixed rule of Christianity insisting that Christ is the only path to God. Strictly speaking then, I cannot call myself a Christian. Since traditionally, I have responded to the transcendent mystics of all religions."



We have buddhas in our home. I've had my sacred Guan Yin for years! I just think growing up in a place like Hawaii where it's truly a melting pot culturally and spiritually, it's impossible to wed one line of faith. Its tradition in Hawaii to have a new house and office blessed. In one of the last places I worked, we had a Shinto blessing, a Hawaiian blessing and a New Age blessing!



Yet another reason why I feel like a funny colored duck in a really foreign pond. This isn't just a one-religion town. It's a one religion country!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home