Monday, July 14, 2008

Alcantara Gorge

The longer we live here, the more Sicily delights us. Here's one of my favorite places. It's high energy refreshment on this island that seems so tired in summer's desert dry and dusty landscape.

Alcantara gorge is green and lush with trees - outrageously beautiful rock formations and icy cold water rapids. The place just hums with nature's invigorating energy.

It amazes me that in all our many visits to the Taormina area that we had never found our way to this hidden treasure.



4 Comments:

At Friday, July 18, 2008, Blogger Anne in Oxfordshire said...

looks fantastic....what a great find.

You asked me once how I found your blog...I can;t remember...must be through another sicilian site..

 
At Sunday, July 20, 2008, Blogger Barbara said...

Hi Jacque,

I'm a friend of Anne's and found your blog on her blogroll.I grew up on O'ahu and moved to France many years ago.
I enjoy meeting other former locals who now call Europe home !
I really enjoy discovering places in France; that gorge looks so refreshing.

Enjoy !

 
At Thursday, July 24, 2008, Blogger Jill said...

We love this place! On a hot, Sicilian, summers day there is nothing better than the icy cold water of Alcantara.

 
At Friday, October 03, 2008, Blogger Paul said...

Alcantara Gorge is an excellent location. My wife and I have spent many a good day there in the summer month. Greta photos of Alcantara Gorge


------------
Sicily Rentals

 

Post a Comment

<< Home