Sunday, October 05, 2008

Summer Fun with Friends!

It's already October and I'm just getting around to organizing my summer memories. It went so fast. What made this summer even more special was that it was my last where I was completely foot loose and fancy free.

I went from part-time freelance consultant at my leisure. To two jobs - by day as MWR marketing director. Only to get home, take off my shoes and head for my virtual office, where I'm working nearly full-time again. Funny how both engines kicked into full gear about the same time. And both give me a tremendous amount of energy and passion in such different ways!

Before I update you on our summer adventures. Wanted you to meet some new friends we made. This is Del and Medy and they live down the street. Medy walks the dogs since I'm not home by day and they love her so much. And I come home from work and find food in my refrigerator like homemade manapua...and that just gets my tail wagging too! We love having these two in our lives.



This summer we headed back to Sciacca for the Menfi wine festival for the 4th of July weekend. It was so good to see Steve in Sciacca. It was our first weekend trip with Pat. Amy and Chad went to!




Each summer (just like each year) is better than the last. And it makes me wild with joy to think about what's ahead because our summer was just so wonderful and fun. This time in our life is so amazing.

Here I am with Mary, my landlord and friend. And we talked her into giving us a scaciatta cooking lesson, which is a typical Sicilian dish often seen at tavola caldas. It's like calzone but better.

2 Comments:

At Monday, October 27, 2008, Blogger Lucia said...

Hey, long time no visit your blog. You've been busy.
I love Sciacca. My friends mom makes it with potatoe and onion.

BTW...I have tagged you! My first time tagging someone.

 
At Tuesday, October 28, 2008, Blogger Brutus said...

Great site. I found this blog by doing a search for pictures from Etna. I was trying to show my 6 year old the Mountain and Lava flows. I used to live in Sicily between 1997-2001. I lived near Brucoli. Your site brought back some great memories. Thanks.

Bruce

 

Post a Comment

<< Home