Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Dog Days of Summer Suck in Sizzling Sicily!



Come on. It's June 26th. It's only the first week of summer. And it's damn hot in sizzling Sicily. Four heat-related deaths in Greece and two in Catania, according to Lisa Balboni who translates the news and share it with us. The elderly and children are warned to stay indoors. On a positive note, there was a breeze today. But as Lisa says, "it's like standing in front of the hair dryer."

The Arnolds who also live in Nicolosi were over for dinner and tv tonite and they've run out of water. Apparently, city water gets cut off in order to conserve. I can hear the pump going on in our backyard so I guess we've switched to well water, which may run out too says Matt.

We have a government-issued portable air con in the bedroom and one in the tv room. They are huge and they put out a pathetically small amount of air.

But just when I feel like I could pitch a fit worthy of Paris Hilton...I realize it could always be worse. I could be a 13-year old Siberian husky with a generous overcoat and an undercoat as thick as thieves.



I'm worried about my elderly dog and so we took her to our Italian groomer today. He kept trying to calm her with a deep, low voice, which she didn't like...and I wanted to tell him that studies have shown that dogs respond to higher pitched voices better...but now was not the time to be a know-it-all to an Italian man with a very large power tool.



She was so ornery we had to muzzle her. Rob held her down. The technician gave her a buzz cut. And I wet her ears and gave her a good dose of reiki, and some telepathic images of waterfalls to keep her chill.



Aaaahhh...Life is good for her now!!! And whenever I think I have something to complain about...I don't really need to look to far to see it could always be worse!

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 27, 2007, Blogger Maryellen Pienta said...

She looks GREAT!!!! Good job!

 
At Wednesday, June 27, 2007, Blogger Coleen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home