Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Clock is Ticking!


The honeymoon isn't over. But it's half over. This month Rob marks our 1.5 year milestone in Italy, which sounded off an alarm in both our heads that we've still got a lot of ground to hustle during our 3-year honeymoon in Sicily...

Before the men in little gray suits come to pack up our belongings and revoke our visas!

So during the middle of dinner last nite at Joy's house, Rob puffs out his chest and randomly announces out of the blue, "I want to go to Venice and Prague." This is the guy who hasn't said a peep about destinations of interest since we landed on this island.

Trumpets went off in my head! At long last. He speaks.

So before 2007 closes--Venice and Prague he shall have!!!

2007 is the Chinese Year of the Pig--my golden year as a 1971 birth! In honor of our honeymoon and my special Chinese Year (even though I'm not Chinese)....here's a funny joke.

A young Chinese couple gets married. She's a virgin. Truth be told, he is a virgin too, but she doesn't know that. On their wedding night, she cowers naked under the sheets as her husband undresses in the darkness.

He climbs into bed next to her and tries to be reassuring."My darring," he whispers,"I know dis your firss time and you berry frighten. I pomise you, I give you anything you want, I do anything - juss anything you want. You juss ask... So... Whatchu want?" he says, trying to sound experienced and worldly, which he hopes will
impress her.

A thoughtful silence follows and he waits patiently (and eagerly) for her request. She eventually shyly whispers back, "I want to try something I have heard about from other girls... Numbaa 69."

More thoughtful silence, this time from him.

Eventually, in a puzzled tone he asks her:

"You want... Garlic Chicken with steam vegetable?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home