Saturday, August 04, 2007

Follow the Festa Lights!



We followed the tell tale festa lights that indicate a celebration is happening...and found our way to the centro (chen-tro) to check out all the action.



This float against the backdrop of a building gives you an idea of the size of these floats! They're huge.



This float recognizes China...I think...and seemed sort of out of place...as there was not a single Asian in the crowd tonite except for me. In fact, Rob and I were the only Americans period. And there's not a Chinese restaurant, a Chinatown or Chinese nothing...not even folding hand fan or a pair of chopsticks in Acireale.

Something about this depiction of buck-teeth Chinese with the glasses seemed very Jerry Lewis and totally non-PC... Oh well! I won't deny it made me crack up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home