Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Here comes the rain again...

Today I awoke with an agenda.

Walk the dogs. Meet Mary for coffee. Take the bombola to be refueled. Finish yesterday's gardening. Drive to Sigonella for yoga. Go to the travel agency. Attend Rob's volleyball game.

Rain has a way of washing away the best laid plans.



Today is the first day the rain was sincere since May. Not a fickle little squirt. Not a passing shower. Not a mist on the face. No today it rained with a steadiness that inspired me to hop out of bed, shower and promptly put my PJs back on for the rest of the day.

I should've known it was coming. After all, we did wash the car on Sunday. And yesterday, I planted grass seeds in our last bald spot in the yard.



So today, instead, I lit a fire in the fireplace. Substituted yoga live for a pilates DVD. Made Indian food. And snuggled down with a red pen and my final draft of the Hawaiian Humane Society's 110 Anniversary Annual Report.

Stepping outside to feel the cold rain on my face and stand in the clouds, I can't imagine a more perfectly unplanned day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home